Most days, I feel like I can rule the world, the rest, I feel like I should be wearing adult diapers. But thankfully, I am not the only one who feels that way. Leaving the auto-pilot mode of life isn’t easy. It’s actually terrifying. But if you can find the courage to take control of your life, you’ll start to feel like you can do anything.
In the Arab world, we have to get our youth, especially our young entrepreneurs, out of auto-pilot mode, because they can’t be courageous or innovative, if they’re not in control of their lives and inner thoughts. Young Arab people have to stop living their lives in an amibiguous haze of passive resentment, because they don’t have the courage to say no when it counts and the tenacity to say yes when they should.
If you’re a young entrepreneur who is trying to find the courage to take control of their life and make some difficult decisions, here are some motivational quotes from my new favorite book “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” by Robin S. Sharma to keep you on track:
1) You have to stop spending so much time making a living and spend more time creating a life.
2) The secret of happiness is simple: find out what you love to do and then direct all of your energy towards doing it.
3) When you have taking the time to build a strong character full of discipline, energy, power and optimism, you can have and do anything you want in your outer world.
4) If there is a lack in your life, it is because there is a lack in your thoughts.
5) When you have cultivated a deep sense of faith in your abilities and an indomitable spirit, nothing can stop you from succeeding in all your pursuits and living with great rewards.
6) Never get in the petty habit of measuring your self-worth against other people’s networth.
7) Taking the time to master your mind, to care for your body and to nourish your soul will put you in a position to develop more richness and vitality in your life.
8) A burning sense of passion is the most potent fuel of your dreams.
9) Courage allows you to do whatever you want to do, because you know that it is right. Courage gives you the self-control to persist where others have failed. Ultimately, the degree of courage you live with determines the amount of fulfillment you receive.
10) When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds, your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive and you discover yourself to be a greater person than you ever dreamed yourself to be.
Write these quotes down and recite them over and over again when you’re feeling demotivated! Just remember, you can do whatever you set your mind to!
Like what you see? Join the Soukie Speaks email list and follow my Twitter, Instagram, Facebook accounts, so we can enlighten, support and empower the Arab leaders and entrepreneurs of the future together.